About this service
Our specialist teams are based at our Wickford and Canvey Island offices but are more than happy to attend you at our South Woodham Ferrers office, or even at your home for a small fee. Our Wills & Probate services are complemented by our property department, giving you peace of mind that your needs can be met under one roof.
We can advise and assist you with producing a new Will and updating or amending your current Will. As the most important document you can produce in your lifetime, it is essential that your Will meets with your wishes and requirements. We can provide you with the following:
- Face to face meetings with one of our legal experts to assist, advise and take your instructions.
- Bespoke Wills tailor made to your needs; each person is different and your Will should reflect your wishes. We take the time to get to know you and your circumstances so that your new Will works for you.
- Free Will storage; unlike other companies and law firms, we do not charge you for the storage of your Will.
- Tax planning advice; we can advise you on the best course of action to take to reduce any unnecessary tax.
Losing a loved one is difficult enough without having the additional burden of collecting in your loved one’s property and possessions, whilst carrying out their wishes. Let us at Harvey Copping & Harrison Solicitors ease the burden. We can provide:
- Free initial and fixed fee advice as to the next steps which you may be required to carry out in relation to your loved one’s estate.
- Fixed fee service to provide you with the Grant of Probate so that you may distribute the estate accordingly.
- Full administration of estates; we will collect in, apply for the Grant and distribute the assets according to the wishes of your loved one.
- If your loved one died without a leaving a Will we can assist you with administering their estate in accordance with the intestacy rules.
Deed of Variation
In some circumstances, inheriting from a loved one’s estate can provide further issues with your own personal tax affairs or benefit entitlement. We can assist you by varying the Will of your loved one so that their estate can pass to another individual to avoid unnecessary tax, or to benefit a friend or family member who should have been included in the original Will.